Our commitment to your health and safety at Pitt Street Dental Centre.
As a Pitt Street Dental Centre patient, you will already know that your health and safety is our highest priority and at all times, we ensure the most hygienic practices are observed with every client, treatment room and staff member, priding ourselves on delivering the highest quality treatments in a safe clinical environment.
We have extended our everyday practices in regard to health and hygiene beyond Department of Health requirements to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Extra measures include:
- Disposable chair covers for every treatment.
- Medical grade disinfectant to clean treatment rooms, machinery and all surfaces within the practice.
- Spraying anti-bacterial spray on all surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser/soap and water facilities to be used by every client.
- Peroxide/chlorhexidine mouthwash to be used by every patient before treatment to reduce or eliminate aerosol contamination.
- Rotating staff roster & limiting the number of people in the practice at any one time.
Pitt Street Dental Centre is an accredited practice, meeting all Australian and International Standards in relation to infection control and best practice. Pitt Street Dental Centre follows all Universal Infection Control Precautions to protect staff and patients from being infected by any type of virus, including COVID-19, HIV, Hepatitis, Influenza, Rhinoviruses and more.
We respectfully ask…
If you have a scheduled appointment with Pitt Street Dental Centre, please DO NOT arrive at the practice early for your appointment. Please be on time so we can manage social distancing in our lounge and reception area. We are only allowing those who are due for their appointment to be in the practice.
When you arrive at the practice, we will ask that you please use the hand sanitiser available at the front door before entering and again at the reception. Your temperature will also be taken upon arrival.
Before entering a treatment room, we will also require you to wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap and water as well as being asked to rinse your mouth before we start our treatment.
And you will be seated on full-length disposable plastic chair covers.
For Australian Government updates and more information visit health.gov.au.